Business leader specialising in leading technical teams developing innovative, commercially driven programmes. Ability to manage all aspects of business planning, development and execution.
Managing Director of Prismatic Ltd., a company developing operational HALE UAV based on the World leading experience of the successful Zephyr programme.
25 years of experience in the defence, aerospace and space businesses covering commercial, export, military and institutional markets. Significant track record of success in securing and delivering high value projects across the World.
Examples of successful activities include
– Re-generation of the Zephyr programme in Airbus Defence and Space, winning new contracts and building team to execute three flight trials from scratch within 18 months
– Galileo Payload – securing >€200M contract for European navigation system
– Growth of SSTL business from £35M to £100M as Sales Director and member of management team responsible for sale of company to EADS Astrium
– Zephyr High altitude UAV- development from scratch of a complete team and business leading to several world records and revenue in excess of £38M
– TopSat, the development, £13M sale and subsequent successful operation of the world's first high resolution micro-satellite.
Following 15 years in DERA/ QinetiQ and 6 years in SSTL, holding posts as both Projects and Sales Director before taking on the role of Business Director – responsible for sales and execution for all Earth Observation and Science activities. Having been a key member of the leadership team that grew SSTL by 200% in five years, Paul has now founded Prismatic Ltd. to develop new aerospace businesses.