Photogrammetric surveys conducted with UAS are rapidly becoming one of the most affordable ways to augment traditional field survey and engineering practices. Flight automation and affordable drone camera systems have made aerial surveys affordable; however, many operators do not fully understand the planning and equipment decisions that must be made to ensure accurate products for their application.
Learn basic principles of mapping with digital cameras and avoid missing out on the latest technology advances. This ASPRS workshop will use real world use cases to:
• Describe the difference between photogrammetric survey and aerial reality capture.
• Explain how to select the best flight patterns for your application.
• Evaluate hardware choices to achieve your desired results.
• Recognize control considerations to validate your data
• Communicate standards that will allow surveyors to accept your results.