Want to learn interactively what it takes to take raw lidar data and create high accuracy point clouds? With the recent release of affordable drone lidar, many believe that processing lidar will be push button. In this ASPRS workshop, we will demystify lidar data processing and demonstrate what every professional needs to know to take their data to the next level. Our instructors will go step by step with real data sets to:
• Explain the basics of lidar processing to generate a colorized georeferenced point cloud.
• Identify common processing mistakes that can lead to large positional errors.
• Demonstrate tools and methods to inspect the quality of lidar data.
• Explore data conditioning decisions to take your “average” lidar data and produce exceptional lidar deliverables.
• Learn how to apply ASPRS Accuracy Standards to validate your results.
September 6-8, 2022 • Caesars Forum • Las Vegas