FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
For further information, contact:
Amy Riemer, Media Relations
COMMERCIAL UAV EXPO WILL FEATURE EIGHT DEEP DIVE WORKSHOPS FOR PROFESSIONALS IN VERTICAL INDUSTRIES USING COMMERCIAL DRONES
Workshops will Focus on Infrastructure, Construction, Large Assets, Utilities, Public Safety, Mapping, Mining, Agriculture, and More
LAS VEGAS, NV, June 27, 2018 – Commercial UAV Expo has announced deep dive workshops for professionals in eight vertical industries who are integrating and operating Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) within their organizations. These workshops will be led by subject matter experts who will provide professionals working in a range of vertical industries the practical tools and best practices they need to successfully integrate and operate such a complex technology. The eight industries are: Construction; DOTs & Infrastructure; Large Installation Assets: Wind Turbines, Cell Towers, Large-Scale Solar; Mining & Aggregates; Precision Agriculture; Process, Power & Utilities; Public Safety; and Surveying & Mapping.
Commercial UAV Expo is taking place October 1-3, 2018 at the Westgate Resort in Las Vegas. The trade show and conference is the leading event bringing together professionals in key vertical industries to learn actionable information on how to use UAS to maximize an organization’s efficiency, save money, improve safety and mitigate risk. Register here to attend this 4th annual event.
“While it is true regulations limit certain uses of drones, there is a lot being done right now in the field. Professionals in top verticals for drone integration need to know what they can do today and how it will impact their business. We give attendees direct access to drone experts in interactive sessions so they can get their questions answered and leave armed with actionable insights that will impact their drone programs immediately,” said Lisa Murray, Group Director at Diversified Communications, organizer of the event. “With the help of our educational advisory board, we have identified leaders in each vertical segment to dig deep and provide insight and information that those implementing or operating commercial drone technology in their businesses will find invaluable.”
1. The Construction workshop will focus on aerial data obtained on construction sites via UAS which can be used for digital elevation maps, point clouds and other efficiencies and safety. The workshop will examine the best approaches for capturing information and best practices for integrating, processing and disseminating the information, including deliverables and visualization. Confirmed workshop leads include Richard Lopez, Hensel Phelps; David Boardman, Stockpile Reports; and Douglas Spotted Eagle, Sundance Media Group.
2. The workshop for DOTs & Infrastructure will focus on UAVs deployed for roads, bridges and tunnels that create increased value in the industry through fault detection to asset management. Confirmed workshop leads include Gary Cathey, California Department of Transportation; Shayne Gill, Multimodal Transportation, AASTO; and Darshan Divakaran, North Carolina Department of Transportation.
3. The Large Installation Assets workshop will cover the use of drones in inspection and operation to maintenance of cell towers, wind turbines, solar farms and other large installations. Panelists will address sensor types and integration, safety compliance, automated systems, adjusting work processes, progress in use of AI and autonomy, and more. Confirmed workshop leads include Art Pregler, AT&T; and Harold Miller, Entergy Services.
4. The deep dive workshop in Mining and Aggregates will address the unique challenges of terrestrial mapping and volumetric calculations above-and-below ground, from the appropriate sensors and platforms to compiling and analyzing the data. Confirmed workshop leads include Andrew Carey, Rio Tinto Kennecott Utah Copper; David Boardman, Stockpile Reports; Callum Walter, Queens University; and Todd Domney, Suma.
5. The Precision Agriculture workshop will provide farmers with actionable information about the benefits of using the newest drone technology including remote sensing and satellites. Confirmed workshop leads include Robert Blair, Three Canyon Farms; Young Kim, Digital Harvest; and Jeff Lorton, Duke Joseph Agency.
6. The Process Power & Utilities workshop will focus on the use of UAVs for applications that involve processing of fluids or gases including oil & gas, electricity, water, pharmaceuticals, and chemicals. Panelists will address best practices for real-time monitoring and inspection; managing and sharing data; integrating UAVs into current systems and workflows; and much more. Confirmed workshop leads include Dave Truch, BP; Andrea Steffke, Chevron Energy; Dyan Gibbons, Trumbull Unmanned; and Philip Buchan, Cyberhawk.
7. The deep dive workshop focusing on Public Safety will address mapping, reconstruction, emergency management, interior tactical searching, health sciences, cyber-security and data science operations. Confirmed workshop leads include Harrison Andrew Pierce, San Diego Homeland Security; Richard Fields, Los Angeles Fire Department; Scott Mlakar, Willoughby Fire Department/Lake County UAS; Tracy Wilkinson and Chad Karlewicz, Renton Police Department; Daniel Marek, Nevada Highway Patrol; and Michael Ralston and Tom Calvert, Menlo Park Fire District.
8. The workshop focused on Surveying & Mapping will address using UAS systems for topographic measurement, movement monitoring, change detection, seepage detection, volumetric measurement and more. Confirmed workshop leads include Matthew Klein, Bureau of Reclamation; Lewis Graham, AirGon; Michael Singer, DroneView Technologies; and Sam Billingsley, Ragan-Smith Associates, Inc.
The Deep Dive Workshops will run on Tuesday, October 2nd and Wednesday, October 3rd and will provide attendees with in-depth and practical knowledge for developing policy and guidelines for UAV programs through insight from world-class speakers, Q&A, breakout groups, and networking with peers within vertical segments. In addition to the deep dive workshops, Commercial UAV Expo offers a three-day education program with keynote speakers and plenary sessions covering the big issues that all drone users need to know such as regulatory updates, security, counter-drone technology and more. The event also offers a dynamic show floor, featuring more drone solutions than any other commercial drone event in North America, exciting networking events, and demonstrations from market leading vendors who add value for attendees and connect them to the people and products they need to move forward. For the most up-to-date information and to register, visit www.expouav.com.
About Commercial UAV Expo Americas
Commercial UAV Expo Americas, presented by Commercial UAV News, is a conference and exhibition exclusively focused on the commercial drone market covering industries including Surveying & Mapping; Civil Infrastructure; Aggregates & Mining; Construction; Process, Power & Utilities; Precision Agriculture; Law Enforcement, Emergency Response and Search & Rescue (SAR). The fourth annual Americas event is taking place October 1-3, 2018 in Las Vegas. Commercial UAV Expo Europe launched in Brussels in June 2017 and will take place in Amsterdam 8-10 April 2019. For more information, visit www.expouav.com and www.expouav.com/europe or email [email protected].
The events are organized Diversified Communications, a leading organizer of conferences, trade shows and online media with 15 years in the geospatial arena, including Commercial UAV Expo Americas, Commercial UAV Europe, Commercial UAV News, SPAR 3D Expo & Conference, SPAR3D.com, AECNext Technology Expo & Conference, AEC Next News and International LiDAR Mapping Forum. www.divcom.com
# # #