COMMERCIAL UAV EXPO SET TO OPEN NEXT WEEK IN LAS VEGAS FOR 4TH ANNUAL EVENT FEATURING UNPARALELLED LINEUP OF SPEAKERS, A DYNAMIC SHOW FLOOR, AND MORE
LAS VEGAS, NV, September 27, 2018 – Next week, commercial drone professionals from across the country and around the world will gather at the Westgate Hotel in Las Vegas for the 4th annual Commercial UAV Expo Americas. This world-class event will bring together top professionals from seven vertical industries, more exhibitors than any other commercial drone event in North America, and unparalleled educational programming and speakers. The event will provide attendees with numerous special events including deep dive vertical industry sessions, “Beyond the Cage” drone demonstrations, and several networking events. Full event information can be found here.
“We are thrilled to be back in Las Vegas for our 4th Annual event, which for the first time will incorporate Drone World Expo. Over 2000 commercial drone users will hear from over 110 presenters and panelists and see the latest technology on display and in action in more than 225 booths,” Lisa Murray, Group Director of Diversified Communications, organizer of Commercial UAV Expo. “We have a phenomenal line-up of sessions featuring amazing thought leaders who will be presenting the most up-to-date regulatory information, commercial applications and case studies.” The 2018 Commercial UAV Expo will feature:
Monday, October 1, 2018
- Outdoor Flying Demonstrations – Commercial UAV Expo, in coordination with the Nevada Institute of Autonomous Systems (NIAS) and Sundance Media Group, will host live outdoor drone demonstrations at Henderson Unmanned Vehicle Range (HUVR). Participating vendors are AeroVironment, Autel Robotics, C-Astral, Intel and Topcon. Session 1 takes place 7:00 am – 10:15 am and Session 2 takes place 9:15 am – 1:00 pm. Register for the demonstrations during event registration. To add the demos to an existing registration, contact the registration center at 1-774-247-4002 and have the demos added.
- Vendor and Association Workshops – Airgon, Flyability, Microdrones, Pix4D, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and APSRS will host full and part day in-depth seminars and trainings.
- Product Previews – (2:15 – 6:15 pm) Learn about the newest supplier advances and best practices for specifying, planning and executing projects presented by exhibiting companies.
- Welcome Happy Hour – (6:30 – 7:30 pm) in the Exhibit Hall.
Tuesday, October 2, 2018
- Keynotes (9:00 – 10:30 am) Lisa Ellman of Commercial Drone Alliance and Hogan Lovells will sit down for an interview with Michael Kratsios, Deputy Assistant to the President and the Deputy U.S. Chief Technology Officer at the White House for the White House commercial UAS perspective. Afterwards, Gretchen West of Commercial Drone Alliance and Hogan Lovells will sit down for an interview with Earl Lawrence, Executive Director of the Unmanned Aircraft Systems Integration Office of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for the FAA perspective. Gretchen will then engage a panel of top executives from BP, CNN, AES Corporation and Southern Company about recent progress in UAS and other key topics.
- Exhibit Floor Open (10:00 am – 5:00 pm) featuring 200 booths of best-in-class UAS solutions from the world’s top vendors
- Vertical Deep Dive Sessions (1:30 – 4:30) These workshops will be led by subject matter experts who will provide insight in the following vertical industries: Drone Industry Visionaries; Precision Agriculture; DOTs & Infrastructure; Process & Power; and Surveying & Mapping.
- Plenary Sessions (5:00 – 5:45 pm) Focused on What the Sky will look like in the Future, and Powering Drones
- Poolside Connect & Happy Hour (6:00 – 8:00 pm Westgate Resort & Casino Pool) Sponsored by Trimble and Applanix. The fee for this event is $35; registration is required and may be added by calling the registration center at 1-774-247-4002.
Wednesday, October 3, 2018
- Plenary Session (9:00 – 10:00 am) on Regulatory, Policy & UTM Updates – Lisa Ellman of Hogan Lovells and Commercial Drone Alliance will sit down with executives from NEDO; A3 by Airbus; NASA; Federal Aviation Administration; and Airxos, A GE Venture who will discuss industry updates.
- Exhibit Floor Open (10:00 am – 4:00 pm) featuring 200 booths of best-in-class UAS solutions from the world’s top vendors
- Plenary Sessions (10:30 am – 12:30 pm) Focused on Data, Hacking and Counter Drone Technology; and In-House Versus Outsourcing Your Drone Program.
- Vertical Deep Dive Sessions (2:00 – 5:00 pm) These workshops will be led by subject matter experts who will provide insight in the following vertical industries: Drone Industry Visionaries, Large Asset Installations: Wind Turbines, Cell Towers, Solar; Public Safety; Mining & Aggregates; and Construction.
Thursday, October 4, 2018
- ASPRS UAS Technical Symposium – The American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ASPRS) will be hosting their annual UAS Technical Symposium as a two-part, full-day program.
About Commercial UAV Expo Americas
Commercial UAV Expo Americas, presented by Commercial UAV News, is a conference and exhibition exclusively focused on the commercial drone market covering industries including Surveying & Mapping; Civil Infrastructure; Aggregates & Mining; Construction; Process, Power & Utilities; Precision Agriculture; Law Enforcement, Emergency Response and Search & Rescue (SAR). The fourth annual Americas event is taking place October 1-3, 2018 in Las Vegas. Commercial UAV Expo Europe launched in Brussels in June 2017 and will take place in Amsterdam 8-10 April 2019. For more information, visit www.expouav.com and www.expouav.com/europe or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The events are organized Diversified Communications, a leading organizer of conferences, trade shows and online media with 15 years in the geospatial arena, including Commercial UAV Expo Americas, Commercial UAV Europe, Commercial UAV News, SPAR 3D Expo & Conference, SPAR3D.com, AECNext Technology Expo & Conference, AEC Next News and International LiDAR Mapping Forum. www.divcom.com
# # #
For further information, contact:
Amy Riemer, Media Relations
978-475-4441 (office) or 978-502-4895 (cell)